1) There are other techniques that might help you with you studying.
2) There is more entertainment in a good book than is a month of typical TV programming.
3) Most curious of all, there was no quality control whatsoever.
4) There were no breaks in the day to relieve the boring work.
5) In the past 50 years there has been a great increase in the amount of research being done on the brain.
6) There are so many of thee paths and so many metal particles that it is impossible to land a flying saucer without is being smashed by one.
7) There is much that we can learn from him today.
8) There are two sides to every question. If you take one side with decision and act on it with effect, those who take the other side will of course resent your actions.
9) There is no sense(??)in leaving important decisions to inexperienced people.
10) There is little sense in treating the child so severely. After all he is too young to know that he was doing wrong.
11) There is no surgical patient I cannot treat competently, treat just as well as or better than any other surgeon.
12) There were still situations in which I couldn’t be certain my decision had been the right one.
13) There’s no right or wrong in the situation. There’s just luck.
14) There’s no way to prepare for the next time-no intelligent response to a gun.
15) There is no way to stop the process of aging. In fact, we can only delay it.
16) There are other indications that high school cheating may be on the rise (????????……)
17) There is some evidence that dishonesty may ebb and flow(????)
18) Today there is evidence that the time between each of the steps in this cycle has been shortened.
19) There can be on doubt that he is the right person for the job.
20) There is no doubt that their support will make a difference in out cause .
21) There is no doubt that these measures will contribute to the solution of the problem.
22) There is no doubt that Jim had more talent than anybody who ever played football.
23) There’s no substitute(???) for practical experience.
24) There is urgent need to debate this issue openly
25) There are tow ways in which one can own a book.
26) There have been some small fluctuation(??) in the past year, but by and large prices have remained stable.
1) It is advisable to exercise(??) patience in dealing with such complicated situations.
2) It is advisable to place important telephone numbers nest to the phone in case of an emergency.
3) It is biologically reasonable for deer to reduce their cost of living to increase their chances of surviving in winter.
4) It is essential that the increase in production should be geared to (??) the increase in public demand.
5) It is necessary that young and old people should communicate more with each other.
6) It is thoughtless of some parents to allow their children to watch whatever program is on television.
7) It is incredible(????) that he ate the big cake just in tow bites.
8) It was obvious to everyone that the marriage would sooner or later end in separation if not diverce.
9) It was clear that Dad could do no more than he was doing already.
10) It is certain that fresh air and exercises are more valuable than medicine.
11) It is certain that with determination and hard work you will succeed eventually.
12) It was quite apparent that both sides were making a great effort to win the prize.
13) It was almost impossible for an Indian to gain even a fair education an extremely difficult, as a result, for an Indian to rese high in life.
14) It is easy to fall into bad habits but very difficult to break away form them.
15) It’s not easy to size up (??) the situation right now. For we are not well informed on recent developments.
16) It is not easy to say exactly what each part of the brain does.
17) It is not wise to change you money into U . S. currency.
18) It was not until about 1600B.C. when the chariot (????) was invented that the maximum speed was raised to roughly twenty miles per hour.
19) It is only recently that science has begun to give us some idea of how the brain really works
20) It was not until the century that man realized that the whole of the brain was involved in the working of the mind.
21) It is conflict and not unquestioning agreement that keeps freedom alive.
22) It was in times of crisis that I finally found out what he was really like.
23) It took the human race millions of years to attain that record.
24) It took a mere twenty-year flick(??) of time to double the limit again.
25) It takes (took) sb. some time to do sth.
26) If it takes less time to bring a new idea to the marketplace, it also takes less time for it to sweep through the society.
27) It will take the council a few weeks to judge the situation before it takes any further action.
28) It is well known that many of our problems are caused at least in part by failure to communicate.
29) It is fairly well known that wild animals survive form year to year by eating as much as they can during times of plenty.
30) It is probably less well known that even with their stored fat, wild animals spend less energy to live in winter than in summer.
31) It remains unknown whether there are intelligent beings outside the solar system.
32) It has been pointed out that in 6000B. C. the fastest transportation available to man over
33) It is now thought that the more work we give our brains, the more work they are able to do.
34) It can be argued that such a response may not mean much (????……)
35) It is reported that the electronic industry is going on rapidly in recent year.
36) It is reported that there has been a decrease in the annual birth rate over the last two decades.
37) It is estimated that the total expenses in the trial manufacture of the new products will come to 30,000 yuan.
38) Once it was thought that nighttime dreams interfered with our needed rest.
39) It has been observed that unemployment brings enormous psychological troubles.
40) Even so, it seemed to him that he was part of the whole event.
41) It seems to me that the Americans are a highly mobile people. Most of them like to travel whenever they get the chance.
42) It seemed to me that the only thing that mattered was to get her husband back to her.
43) But it is only because it is my work to do so.
44) It is an encouraging sign that people’s purchasing power(???)is on the rise.
45) It is common knowledge that chalk absorbs moisture (??) from the air.
46) It might be a way to avoid the indignity of having to ask for money all the time.
47) It used to be a popular belief the we could foretell a person’s future on the basis of the date and time of his birth.
48) It pays in the long run (???????……) to introduce new technique
49) It is time for out symbols of technology to change – to catch up with the quickening changes in technology itself.
50) It has been only twenty-five years since television came to one of people’s pastimes.
51) It may well come as a surprise to learn that not only psychologists but other behavioral scientists have come to accept the positive contribution of work to the individual’s happiness and sense of personal achievement.
1) Improving your study habits will improve your grades.
2) Teaching gives me pace, and variety, and challenge, and the opportunity to keep on learning.
3) Being very short of money and wanting to do something useful, I applied.
4) Having little in common is a frequent cause of divorce.
5) Owing sets of books is useless unless you read them.
6) Drinking, eating, and smoking excessively can do severe harm to even a young person’s health.
7) The art of communication requires learning the language and culture of the audience.
1) Fresh vegetables are nutritious(????); furthermore, they re cheaper than frozen ones.
2) We will not only bring joy into other people’s lives, but also added happiness into our own.
3) But teaching offers something beside money and power; it offers love. Not only the love of learning and go books and ideas, but also the love that a teacher feels for his students.
4) Not only should you limber up (?????) before exercising, but you must also be sure to cool down afterwards.
5) They do not seem to like one anther very much. Neither are they too keen on conventional people (????)
1) What makes it rather disturbing (????) was the arbitrary circumstances both of my arrest and my subsequent fate in court.
2) But what was most shocking at the time was the thins my release from the charge so clearly depended on .
3) What I remember then is not her failure, but her courage, the courage to go ahead.
1) This is not necessarily the case, however.
2) We want to keep up with the times.
3) Good intentions alone are not enough.
4) It was indeed the case.
5) But modern research has found that this is not so.
6) But it is now thought that this in not so.
7) What does this mean as far as our flying saucer program is concerned?
8) As for as I am concerned, some days are lucky while others seem marked by bad fortune.
9) And that last ounce is what really counts.
10) What is the point of being rich? (?????????)
11) What other power matters? [???????????(???)?]?
12) Yet there are advantages to underground life.
1) It’s important to set aside time for relaxation, hobbies , and entertainment as well.
2) Improved consumer confidence is extremely important to an economic recovery.
3) What is important in both stories is that honesty was seen as an important part of the American character.
4) The ability to observe keenly and in detail is necessary for anyone who wishes to become a scientist.
5) To find a solution to a conflict, it is often necessary to make some kind of compromise (??)
6) A harmonious atmosphere is essential(necessary / critical / indispensable) to successful reform.
7) It is essential that the increase in production should be geared to (??) the increase in public demand.
8) The essential point is that military sanctions (????) cannot be counted on (??) to produce a sure result.
9) The emphasis of the report is on how technology affects human life rather than business.
10) We should make a careful study of the problem and try to find out a solution to it.
1) The purpose of a test is to show what you have leaned about a subject.
2) Believe it or not, her only purpose in saying all that is to help you help yourself
3) The purpose of the campaign was to catch “ringers”-students who take tests for other students.
4) The intent is not to catch everyone but rather to catch enough to spread the word.
5) Competitive sports are recommended to young adults to prepare them for the competitive world of college and business.
6) The ultimate object of scientific inquiry is to discover the laws of nature.
1) Too much discussion will only lead to confusion.
2) Too much work and too little rest may lead to loss of health
3) If you try to learn too many things at a time, you may get confused.
4) He had experienced fear and conquered it . In doing so, he had undoubtedly learnt something about himself.
5) Efforts to bring together people of different races and cultures have not met with (??) complete success.
6) we have made numerous attempts to solve the problem, but so far our efforts have been unsuccessful.
7) state financial support given in the form of scholarships has stimulated.
8) By consistent hard work we have achieved the major economic objectives (??) of the ninth five-year plan.
9) New machines were introduced into the factory. As a result, not only were time and energy saved but production was greatly increased.
10) The pressures of modern urban life have led to increased occurrences(??)of alcoholism(??)and drug abuse(??), mental illness, suicide(??), and divorce in Western societies.
11) We note with satisfaction that all these activities have helped to promote mutual understanding and friendship between our two countries.
12) The damage done to manmade structures and to human beings by weather would be gone.
13) The population is leveling off (??????) in the area as a result of family planning.
14) For large numbers of people, the absence of work is harmful to their health.
1) Of all American cities, San Francisco is considered by many to be by far the most beautiful.
2) Jobs and work do much more than most of us realize to provide happiness and contentment.
3) We are much less conscious of the extent to which work provides the more crucial(??)psychological well-being that can make the difference between a full and an empty life.
4) Work is more than a necessity for most human beings; it is the focus of their lives, the source of their identity and creativity.
5) Rather than a punishment or a burden, work is the opportunity to realize one’s potential.
6) Few pastimes bring a family closer together than gathering around and listening to mother or father read good story
7) Man differs most from all the other animals in his ability to learn and use language but we still do not know exactly how this is done.
8) Generally speaking(In general), young people are less conservative(??)than old people.
9) The way the brain works is far more complicated than they had thought.
10) The more scientists find out, the more questions they are unable to answer.
11) Many Americans choose to travel by car rather than by any other means of transportation.
12) Worse perhaps was the idea of Saturday afternoon cricket.
13) There is no surgical patient I cannot treat competently, treat just as well as or better that any other surgeon.
14) Social customs are different from what they used to be fifty years ago.
15) He has to feel that he’s good as and probably better than any other surgeon in the world.
16) Behavior which may be considered quite strange in one culture is often looked upon as completely normal in another.
17) It is as hard to pass her by without giving her some money as it is to ignore the collection box in church.
18) It is as morally hard to turn her away as it is a lost dog.
19) Attitudes towards daydreaming are changing in much the same way that attitudes towards night dreaming have changed.
20) We accept the authority of our parents when we are young, but as we mature we may begin to question their advice.
1) Without the distraction of TV, they might sit around together after dinner.
2) As long as the brain is given plenty of exercise it keeps its power.
3) Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government. without newspapers of newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.
4) Without a degree and with no experience in teaching my chances of getting the job were slim.
5) With the introduction of a new assembly line, we hope to step up the production of our factory.
6) Whether day or night. Summer or winter, temperatures in the underground world would remain equable and nearly constant.
7) However odd and repulsive(????)underground living may seem at first thought, there are things to be said for it.
1) Everything from the generation gap to the high divorce rate to some forms of mental illness.
2) Take, for example, the emergency situations that we encountered almost every night.
3) A case in point is students in New York State who faced criminal misdemeanor chares for possessing and selling advance copies of state Regents examinations.
4) In the case of Lincoln, the story is true
5) Where there is will, there is a way. Your eventual success in the experiment is a case in point
6) For my own part, everything is O.K.I have nothing to complain of .
7) In terms of population, Shanghai is the largest city in China.
8) A good case in point is the white-tailed deer.
9) As an example of modern credulity(??),he cites(??)the widespread belief that the earth is round.
10) An illustration(??)may make the point clear.
11) Every side of our lives is affected by our jobs such as where we live, what we eat and the company we keep.
1) Educators report that the generation growing up with television can barely write an English sentence.
2) Earlier scientists thought that during a man’s lifetime the power of his brain decreased.
3) Many educators fear that an increase in the use of state exams will lead to a corresponding rise in cheating.
4) Many people believe that in a factory beautification of the dull setting results in greater productivity.
5) Any good relationship between nations in based on mutual(??)trust and respect.
6) Throughout the ages different ideas have been expressed about the working of the human brain.
7) Scientists hope that if we can discover how the brain works, the better use we will be able to put it to.
8) Some recent research also suggests that we remember everything that happens to us.
9) He holds that there is no advantage in introducing the new method.
10) He holds that there is no advantage in introducing the new method.
11) We hold these truths to learn language skills, computer know-how and so on, but above all they need to learn how to be an honest and responsible citizen.
12) Today’s students need to learn learn language skills, computer know-how and so on, but about all they need to learn how to be an honest and responsible citizen.
13) History shows that the United States as a nation owes a great dela to the Afro-Americans(????)
14) The friendship your people have for our people made a deep impression on me during my visit in you country.
15) All those who attempt to turn bake the wheel of history will ruin themselves in the end.
16) We have to learn to cooperate(??)with others and many of our own ideas have to be brushed aside(????)for the good of the whole.
17) In theory, every citizen in a democratic country may claim the right of equality(??)before the law.
18) The successful manager is of the opinion that to gain as much as possible form your subordinates(??)you should treat them as your equals.
19) Every country considers its internal affairs to be its own responsibility.
20) Experienced teachers realize that there are often exceptionally students who are never given a chance to show their special abilities.
21) We are also learning that truthful information, humanely conveyed, helps patients cope with illness.
22) Studies show that most doctors sincerely believe that the seriously ill do not want to know the truth about their condition.
23) Studies show that, contrary to the belief of many physicians, an overwhelming majority of patients do what to be told the truth.
24) A considerable amount of research shows that people tend to become bored when faced with a situation in which they must do the same thing day in and day out.
25) I am arguing that books must be absorbed in your bloodstream(??)to do you any good.
26) And that is exactly what reading a book should be; a conversation between you and the author.
27) We are positive that this trade agreement will benefit the developing world.
28) Some teachers claim that recreation(??)is necessary for children to be able to learn in school but others do not feel that leisure activity is all that important.
29) But by and large , the country was as glorious, as vast and as overwhelmingly spectacular(????)as those know-nothing kids had expected.
30) All in all, we did not see much evidence that small-town America is vanishing as we traveled through rural Wisconsin.
31) Thomas Jefferson argued that the greatest contribution you can make to your country is to preserve freedom by continuing your education and taking care that your children receive the highest level education possible.
32) The contribution Shakespeare made to the world of literature is different from anyone else’s.
1) The government is taking effective(???)measures to overcome current difficulties.
2) We are making further efforts to decrease the cost of production.
3) The local government has get up a number of colleges and technical schools to meet the needs of the rapidly expanding economy in the region.
4) They have done pretty well in coping with the problem of storing radioactive(????)was
5) The school authorities have done much in the way of improving working and living conditions for the teachers.
6) Ways must be found to assure our children a decent start(?????)in life.
7) The scientific approach to a problem lies first of all in collecting as much data as possible.
8) In some countries, the constitution(??)forbids the military use of nuclear energy.
9) In order to stabilize the economy, the government has worked hard to lower the rate of inflation(????)?
10) A great deal has been done to protect the children from the harmful influence of bad books.
1) Though people of different cultures may experience difficulties in learning to communicate with one another, cultural awareness and an open mind can reduce these difficulties.
2) While it may be more convenient to possess a car, it is also expensive and troublesome at times.
3) Though I do well in my history and language classes, I feel quite stupid when it comes to math and science.
4) Although I do not earn a great deal of money for this job, the pleasure I receive from the work makes it worthwhile
5) Though the job is new to us, we are confident we’ll learn to do it in a couple of days
6) Although he had the opportunity to hunt and fish with great Indian outdoorsmen, he was denied opportunity in other ways
1) Partly because of increased awareness, the incidence(???)of AIDS has dropped in many U.S. cities.
2) This is probably because of the way we are taught as children.
3) Because of excellent weather conditions and extremely strong signals, Venusian scientists were able to get valuable information as to the feasibility of a manned flying saucer landing on Earth.
4) Because of the pressure(??)of examinations, many students are left with little or no free time.
5) How one presents himself at an interview will often decide whether or not he will be given a job.
6) Perhaps it’s because few of us know how to accept compliments(??)gracefully
7) Because of this defensive reaction, direct compliments are surprisingly difficult to give.
8) That is why some of the most valued pats on the back are those which come to us indirectly, in a letter or passed on by a friend.
9) That is why housework is considered such a dreary grind(??????).
10) I don’t teach because teaching is easy for me. Nor do I teach because I think I know answers, or because I have knowledge I feel compelled (??)to share.
11) I teach because I like the pace of the academic calendar; I teach because teaching is a profession built on change; I teach because I like the freedom to make my own mistakes.
12) I have left out the most important reasons why I teach.
13) The reason for this is that technology feeds on itself
14) Owing to fierce competition among the airlines, travel expenses have been lowered considerably.
15) Owing to the lack of coordination between the two sides, the project has made little progress so far.
16) The teacher tried to encourage her students to become less dependent on their parents because they would sooner or later have to take care of themselves.
17) Yet the public has every reason to be wary of professional deception(??)
18) At times, they see important reasons to lie for the patient’s own sake.
1)One of the greatest problems facing the 21st century will be what to do with all the rubbish produced in the world.
2) The frequent use of drugs (??) is a serious problem among some American young people.
3) To travel abroad is a desire shared by many people, but few can afford to do it.
4) Man still has a lot to learn about the most powerful and complex part of his body-the brain.
5) We had a ling debate as to whether we should spend so much money on space technology.
6) Many people have the bad habit of spending money on impulse.
7) The custom of having one’s marriage arranged by parents has disappeared in many parts of the world but continues in some Asian and African countries.
8) Cheating is now considered to be a major problem in colleges and universities.
9) No agreement was reached as to how the plan should be carried out.
10) True, the cost of living has gone up, but so have the workers ‘wages.
11) I had trouble learning or doing something important to me.
12) She had a little trouble with her typing.
13) Many university students experience severe tension (??) as final exams draw near.
14) Until recently this hostile (???) attitude towards daydreaming was the most common one .
15) Many people find it harder and harder to keep up with the radical changes that characterize our time.
16) If this project is to be carried out, we must have all the help that modern technology can supply.
17) When the days seem to go by slowly, you can tell that you’re not enjoying yourself.
18) Large amounts of food imports placed a great strain(??) on the country’s gold reserve(????)
19)Corruption(??) in government is not tolerated in any country that wants to achieves rapid economic growth and improve the life of its citizens.
20) At first thought, the problem seems far too involved (??) , but it can certainly be solved when seriously dealt with .
21) Colleges are not always adjusted to the needs of society to they need reform from time to time.
22) We’re all used to thinking that work provides the material things of life.
1)If I wasn’t able to avoid a mistake, chances were that no other surgeon could have, either. 2) I think it is very unlikely that he will get the job; however, it may be worth a try.
3) I feel sure that if I had come from a different background, and had really been unemployed, there is every chance that I would have been found guilty (??).
4) If you try to pass the problems by, it would be impossible for you to make any progress in this field.
5) Then you might as well (????) make a little money from them.
6) If the right kind of extracurricular (???) activities are organized, those children who have a surplus of energy(????) will have a chance to develop their talents much more quickly.
7) It was almost impossible for an Indian to gain even a fair education an extremely difficult, as a result, for an Indian to rise high in life.
8) However carefully restricted the upward trips might be ,the chances are that the dwellers(??) of the new caves would see more greenery than dwellers of surface cities do today .
1)We never lose heart when we meet with difficulties in our work.
2) Colleges and universities across the nation have decided to do more than talk about the rise in student cheating.
3) Nothing can stand in the way of the Chinese people in their resolve (??) to modernize their country.
5) Anyway (????) ,don’t give up . You could do it if you really resolve to do it.
6) Those animal protectors claimed solemnly(???) that they would spare no efforts¬(?????) to carry the struggle through to the end.
1) I would like to propose that from sixty to ninety minutes each evening all television broadcasting in the United States be prohibited by law.
2) You should take advantage of this opportunity and try to make good impression on them.
3) Neither believe nor reject anything because any other person has rejected or believed it.
4) Greater efforts are needed before we can attain our goal of economic reform.
5) A country should protect its natural resources by fighting against waste.
6) Sometimes even an one-day vacation from work is enough to allow us to regain our strength and return to work fit and ready to do a better job.
7) If we concentrate our efforts on improving quality, our products will certainly be more competitive on the world market.